ANTIQUE REUGE® STE CROIX SWITZERLAND MUSIC BOX, 1950's
* MUSIC TUNE: "HAPPY TALK". 1949 OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN II, RICHARD RODGERS.
- HANDCRAFTED IN SWITZERLAND, CARVED FINE WOODS, VERY ARTISTIC.
- CARVED PATTERNS ALL AROUND. 4 ORNATE WOOD FEET
- HAND PAINTED, FLORAL SCENERY ON TOP *SOME OF THE PAINT CHIPPED OUT. PICTURED.
- ORIGINAL TAGS. CYLINDER No. 659. 18 KEY.
- PLAYS SMOOTHLY WITH GREAT SOUND
- MECHANISM IS PROTECTED UNDER WOOD, LUBRICATED & CLEANED. EXCELLENT CONDITION
- RED VELVET PADDING
- MUSIC STARTS WHEN LID OPENS, WINDING KEY ON THE BOTTOM, PERFECT FUNCTION
- DIMENSIONS: : 8" WIDE, 5" LONG, 3" HIGH (APPROXIMATELY)
- CONDITION: TOP GRADE MECHANISM, SERVICED. WOOD IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, NO CRACKS OR SPLITS, MOST OF THE PAINT INTACT EXCEPT THE TOP, SOME OF THE PAINT CHIPPED OUT AS PICTURED. tHE BOX WAS DEEPLY CLEANED, ORIGINAL STAIN (WASN'T TOUCHED). ALL 4 CARVED FEET ARE IN EXCELLENT SHAPE.
- BOXED NICELY. VINTAGE CUSHIONED BOX.
The Reuge Company has been an authorized dealer of music boxes since 1976. However, the first Reuge music boxes were created well before that time. In 1865, Charles Reuge settled in Switzerland to make musical pocket watches. Over the years, with the help of family members and investors, Reuge developed into a mechanically advanced company while still preserving its traditional values and designs.
Charles Reuge's son, Albert, opened a music box counter for selling Reuge products in 1886. Somehow, the company survived through the war and subsequent economic crisis and built the Reuge Factory in 1930, which is still in use today. By 1983, Reuge Music USA Ltd. was established, and it merged with the well-known music box design company Sorrento Specialties. With their collaboration, finely crafted Italian music boxes and other musical collectibles were formed.
* ACTUAL PHOTOS
PHOTOS ARE PART OF THE DESCRIPTION, ENLARGE FOR CLOSE UP DETAILS
* FREE US SHIPPING. INSURED
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST
1 business day
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
We don’t store or share any information
Yes we do custom orders, we create setting for any gem, we use precious metals only, Silver, white or yellow gold and platinum
most rings listed can be sized up or down, 3-5 days turn around, charges depend on the material of the ring and the size requested. Please contact us for details.
Available upon request
Available for any Occasion